Description of the Role:
If you've ever wondered whether you have what it takes to become a CEO or are interested in learning about the intricacies of acquiring and closing deals, this internship opportunity might be perfect for you. As an MBA intern with Card Sound Investment Team, you'll have the chance to work on potential and existing investment opportunities alongside experienced professionals.
As a valuable member of our management team, you'll play a multifaceted role and receive training in every aspect of the transaction life cycle, including sourcing, indication of interest, intent to purchase, diligence, and close. You'll gain hands-on experience in the full acquisition process and receive regular feedback from upper management to support your growth.
As part of the internship, you'll also be given recommended readings and a required online course in financial modeling that complements and supplements your work with operators and the team. Moreover, you'll have access to our extensive and renowned network, in addition to working closely with the Card Sound Partners team.
Overall, this is an incredible opportunity for you to learn, grow, and gain practical experience in the dynamic field of private equity investments.
Commitment: Part-time (18 - 25 hours/week)
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL Preferred | Remote Accepted
Compensation/Course Credit: Paid: ($15/hour/In-person) Unpaid: (Remote)
Description of the Role:
Card Sound Partners is seeking entrepreneurial and motivated individuals with an MBA degree or relevant business leadership experience to serve as Business owner and operator. As an Operator, you'll lead a lower middle market private business with EBITDA ranging from $1m to $5m.
In this role, you'll be a natural leader who enjoys developing talent and overseeing all aspects of an organization. You'll work closely with our management team to identify investment opportunities, evaluate them, and ultimately acquire a company that you'll lead as CEO post-investment.
Upon acquisition, you'll relocate to the location of the acquired company and assume the CEO position. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Card Sound management team, develop investment theses, evaluate opportunities, and lead a company through its growth phase.
We're looking for top-tier candidates who are ready to take on a new challenge and lead a private business to success. If you have the experience and motivation to take on this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Operator Key Job Responsibilities:
- Research companies and industries to identify potential acquisition targets
- Generate and evaluate a pipeline of potential deals
- Lead due diligence to acquire highly attractive lower-middle-market businesses
- Develop strategic three to five-year business plans for potential acquisition targets
- Craft investment theses and memoranda to present to stakeholders
Operator Key Job Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of the M&A and buyout processes, and the entrepreneur through acquisition process.
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting, strategy, and valuation on companies in the lower middle market
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Technical skills including advanced financial modeling, a strong understanding of leveraged buyouts and proficiency in Excel
- Flexibility to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
Post-acquisition Job Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term mission and strategic vision of the company alongside Board of Directors
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Oversee day-to-day operations in collaboration with the company leadership team
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of financial information, reporting and disclosure requirements, internal controls and management information systems
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs
Description of the Role:
Card Sound Partners is seeking a Senior investment professional/CIO to lead and oversee the firm's investment process. As the CIO, you will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies, leading all diligence efforts, and overseeing the preparation of investment documents for approval and funding.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in investment management, with strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex investment concepts to both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, the CIO must be process-oriented, ensuring that all investment decisions are made in a systematic and thoughtful manner.
In this role, you will work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop and implement the company's overall investment strategy. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and develop junior members of the investment team, playing a critical role in building a strong investment culture within the organization.
If you are a highly motivated investment professional with a passion for mentorship and helping others succeed, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Lead due diligence for acquiring highly attractive lower-middle-market businesses
- Ensure legal and due diligence documents adhere to underwriting standards and Investment Committee requirements
- Oversee financial modeling for potential investment opportunities
- Prepare and present investment memorandums and other marketing materials
- Coordinate with lenders and execute underwriting and documentation efforts
- Support investor relations projects and other ad hoc projects
- Travel for investment opportunities, conferences, events, and portfolio company support
- MBA from a top-tier program
- 5+ years of M&A experience in lower middle-market, preferably in private equity or corporate M&A
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting, strategy, and valuation/structuring for lower middle-market companies
- Strong technical skills including advanced financial modeling and proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines accurately and efficiently
- Ability to manage seller expectations and third-party workstreams.